I’m evil, I know it. But, see, if I sell the yarn to customers it won’t end up in my stash. It’s all about the self-preservation, see. And believe me when I say some of it has already found a new home in my Stash Containment Unit. The new Habu is particularly tempting.
The first on our list of Must-Have New Yarns are from two powerhouse favorite dyers: Schaefer Yarns and Chameleon Colorworks. Direct from Schaefer’s dyepot, we have the coolest of the cool in their Memorable Women Series – the Memorable Knitters. Next to it is Twinkle Toes (by Chameleon), which is a luscious, shimmery half-superwash merino, half tencel blend:
At the moment we have 3 of the 4 Memorable Knitters Series: Mary Walker Phillips, Elizabeth Zimmerman, Emma Jacobsson. Dorothy Reade is still on order. If you’re a hard-core sock knitter, you’ll going to want to grab these soon as I predict they’re going to go fast (and not just into my stash).
The Twinkle Toes is a little more whimsical in nature, dyed in many of Chameleon Colorwork’s most popular colors plus two new themes: Ophelia and Lavender Fields. Again, I have a feeling that these will run out the door fast, but this line promises to be more long-term.
Next on our list of yarny goodness are on the recently refurbished New Wall: Abstract Fiber & Araucania. Two lines of handdyed loveliness.
Abstract Fiber is well-known by most Knit Purl customers, but Araucania is a line we’re less familiar with. 100% cotton and handdyed, it’ll be great this summer…
And, finally, the last of our new yarns… Isager’s summer lines:
And wall. They have so many yarns we decided they needed their own wall. Anyway, back to the new yarns. For this summer they’ve put out six new lines:
- Bomuld (100% mercerized cotton)
- Viscolin (linen/ rayon blend)
- Bomulin (cotton/ linen blend)
- Hoer (100% linen)
- Alpaca 1 (100% baby alpaca, lace weight)
- Hoejlandsgarn (100% Shetland lambswool)
We still have several colors on order, so expect to see the wall fill out over the next two weeks. And, quite possibly on the blog, a Hoejlandsgarn WIP I’m contemplating. Also to go with the yarns are the next Amimono 2 and Marianne Isager Spring/ Summer books.
In less tempting news (but still worth ogling), we have a pair of finished Wishbone Socks:
The pattern is by Nancy Bush and was featured in the Mar/Apr 2008 issue of Piecework Magazine. I’m afraid that the information concerning these socks has been lost (I’m truly very sorry about that!), but I think I remember them being knit with ShibuiKnits Sock in “Wasabi”.
And, very nearly finally, we have some…
- Our annual Spring Sale starts Thursday! Drop by the store for huge savings on all your favorite yarns, door prizes, a free needle case with purchase and more. See our Events page for more details.
- [Some colors of] Kauni back in stock. Kauni EQ is still on order. But we do have one NEW color and some old favorites, such as ES and EV.
- A collection of new habu yarns have arrived: Silk/ Wool A-113, Silk Cashmere A-190, Wool Pom Pom (N-60), Natural Cover Cotton (A-184), Kusaki Zome (A-4), Stainless Steel Thread (N-48), Ramie (A-166), Jersey Tape (A-189). All of which are so new they aren’t on our website (or, in some cases, Habu’s either); but, if you’d like to drop by the store or give us a ring, we’ll be glad to help you.
And, lastly, just because:
That should be everything. Check back on Thursday (sale, sale, sale!) for more news about the, yes, sale, LeBrie’s Nuno Felted Scarf Class and… well, whatever happens between now and then.