That’s right, this weekend we’ll be participating in what is becoming an annual tradition in the PDX area, the Portland Yarn Crawl. This year, we’ve teamed up with 19 other area yarn shops, indie dyers, and local knitting companies to put on a knitting event that is not to be missed! Join other local (and visiting) knitters as the Portland knitting community pulls out all the stops and shows off our collective skills and unique creative energy.
To help you better navigate our fair city (and find all 20 shops!), we’ve devised our own FREE PDX Yarn Crawl Checklist, put together by your very own KP blogger, the Knit Purl Checklist. The addresses and phone numbers of each shop, plus a checkbox for each shop’s raffle & scavenger hunt item are all there – just so you don’t miss ANYTHING. For you early birds, we’ve decided to offer the first 20 Yarn Crawlers a free printout of our exclusive Checklist, plus a Yarn Crawl goodie or two.
Then, on top of participating in the yarn crawl raffle and scavenger hunt, we’ll also be offering our own prize drawing with an exclusive Knit Purl raffle for a series of awesome prizes that can only be found at Knit Purl, as well as 10% DISCOUNT on all purchases made this weekend! The Knit Purl raffle is definitely not to be missed, as we’ve assembled a fantastic collection of prizes:
- One of THREE $25 dollar Knit Purl Gift Cards.
- A copy of the Marion Foale Knitting Collection 1 and three skeins of Marion Foale 3-Ply Yarn (winner’s choice of color).
- Mistletoe Sock Kit and one tin of HEEL Spearmint Foot Cream by Soak
- A copy of Around the World in Knitted Socks by Stephanie Van Der Linden and one tine of HEEL Cucumber Foot Cream by Soak.
- A copy of the Woodruff Mitten pattern by Jared Flood and 2 skeins of Shelter in the color “Homemade Jam”.
- A copy of Shibui Heichi and 2 skeins of Shibui Heichi yarn (winner’s choice of color).
No purchase is necessary to enter, knitters only have to visit the store in person to put their name in for the drawing.
The Portland Yarn Crawl starts tomorrow, Friday, March 4th and will run through the end of day on Sunday, March 6th. We hope we’ll see you here!